CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bad Joke

Did you ever joke about anything to make light of a horrible situation, only to find out the joke may be true based on the person's reaction?

I did today and I feel horrible about it. I made a 'joke' out of a very unfunny thing and it very well may be that person's reality based on their response. I really need to be more sensitive. Sometimes my mouth just vomits out words before my brain can really process them.

The sad thing is, this is one of the things I feel led in prayer to work on. I came across this in my Bible study homework...

Proverbs 10:19
The more talk, the less truth; the wise measure their words.

Not good news for a new blogger that doesn't know when to shut her trap.

1 comments:

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

ugh that sucks. but the proverb is true even though it's the furthest thing to actually describe me! love the tag "mouth of the south"