CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 1, 2009

My Husband, The Prince...

What a guy. He did the nicest, most sincere show of his love I think he has ever done for me today. We went through with the iui. I am so grateful to him and know this wasn't an easy step.

I was nervous, wondering if I was making the right decision. All that Free Will can make your brain swim sometimes. I woke up about 4am...very nervous/anxious. I was feeling pukey from all the nerves, so I took a hot bath to try to calm down.

We got to the doctors office early to give them a sample. The sperm was washed to separate sperm cells and get rid of dead or slow-moving sperm as well as additional chemicals that may impair fertilization.

After that, the sperm was inserted through the cervix and placed deep into the uterus through a fine catheter. The procedure was less painful than a pap smear. Of course, Dr. Irwin was chit chatting the entire time. I don't know what it is about that guy, but he has some sort of calming effect on women. He's a good doctor.

So, now I wait to test. I haven't quite decided if I will wait only 10 days and take a test on Mother's Day. That would be fun. If I thought I could hold out I would wait until our anniversary on May 15th, but I doubt that will happen.

I feel good. I feel optimistic. I know God has dealt with MUCH bigger things that this.

0 comments: