We went to Cork Wine Bar!! Jamie knew I had been wanting to try their dinner menu, so when Cindy and Jesse gave us a gift certificate we knew we had to go.
I've gone a few times with the girls for wine, but kept trying to tell Jamie about their beer selection. When we got there he told me he wanted to try wine and I told him NO WAY! just get the beers because that's what you love...don't be something you're not. kwim?
I started with an Australian Shiraz and he had a Wheat beer similar to a Hefeweizen. We shared Shiner Bock Beer battered fresh mozzarella sticks and jumbo lump crab meat crab cakes. Then, we had mixed field greens salad with fresh Roma tomatoes and balsamic. I had tastings of a couple of Shiraz and Zinfandel from California and Brazil. I finally settled on a glass of Pinot Noir from Spain. Jamie had another beer...it was another Weisse-something or another from Germany...lol wish I could remember the name. Jamie ordered some sort of pepperoni pizza. Thankfully, he wasn't famished because as good as it was there were 4 pieces about the size of a deck of cards. He was pretty amused by his pizza. The find of the night was a Brazilian Beer called Xingu. Jamie decided it was only fitting since he loves all things Brazil... Brazilian Ju Jitsu, hot Brazilian babes wearing thong bikinis and Reef sandals. lol Sadly, their chocolate lava cake was an 86 on the menu. We opted for their Bananas Foster pie. It made us appreciate Perry's table side Flambe Bananas Foster even more than we already do.
It was nice. The vibe isn't about rushing you out the door there, so we had time to sit, visit, relax and enjoy time with each other without feeling pressured to give up our table.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Happy Anniversary
Posted by Aimée at 7:36 AM
Labels: Jamie, weekend fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment