CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

That's the Thing About Blogging

We all know if you don't write it, then it never really happened. Right?

A month ago my sister came over with the kids...greeting card in hand and a heart full of self reproach. She was 6 weeks pregnant. My husband washed the dishes. He couldn't do or say anything but wash the dishes. I told her I would love this child as much as I love the other two, but I needed her to relax and enjoy this pregnancy. Her last pregnancy should be savored. Every moment.

She asked me to go to the ultrasound and try as I might I just couldn't put my big girl panties on and make it happen.  Thankfully, she was more than understanding. She told me I should blog about it because she knows it helps me. She told me if I wanted she wouldn't read just this post, or this month, or this blog. It was entirely up to me.

Now that I've had my breakdown I'm okay. I sat on the kitchen floor and sobbed. I let my stinky little puppy lick every tear from my face and my sweet husband pick me up, hold me and tell me our turn would happen.

I struggled. Again. I cried, got drunk, got belligerent and said some hateful things to God.

It took me a month to write this because I just had to get to a point where I could write it and not be completely hysterical. I don't want my little niece or nephew to look back and see that I didn't love them. I want them to look back and see that I understand they are the greatest gift God could ever give and I love them so much that I want to know how it feels to be a mommy and not just an aunt.

6 comments:

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

*crying*

I can't think of anyone with a greater heart than you. I can't think of anyone who would make a better parent than you...including to my girls. And trust me, Hannah reminds me of this often. I pray your get your babies soon. A boy and a girl. Twins.

Amen.

Mom 2 D and T said...

I agree. I can't think of anyone who deserves this more. You are such a strong person and your turn WILL happen. I pray that is soon.

Amie said...

I sincerely pray that at the end of this long, hard road all of your dreams come true. You're going to be a great momma. xo

Joy Kenville said...

I love you Aimee!! I'm sorry you have to go through with it. I'm always here for you!

Char said...

You are the strongest person I know. I pray that your's and Jamie's long journey will bring your dream come true soon.

JB said...

I'm with Becky..*crying*

I keep praying and praying that it will happen for you soon. You are an *amazing* mom. Already.

I don't know how you find the strength. You are truly one of the strongest people I know.